Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft

 In this article we will be talking about the best tips Minecraft remove water.

Hello, there I’m waddling and welcome back so if you’ve been in the loop with my let’s play series you would know that I’ve been draining an ocean more specifically I’ve been draining the ocean around an ocean monument.

while doing this I have come up with some tips for draining oceans or large bodies of water so today I have five tips and words of advice from an experienced ocean trainer.

I guess I’m not proud that I’m an experienced ocean drainer but I know what I’m doing with this thing because I’ve done it a few times. we will be draining this river these tips will work anywhere it doesn’t have to be around an ocean mighty moon but we will be working on this River today talking about the tips I hope this article isn’t too oddly specific.



Lets Explore minecraft remove water tips-


Top 5 Best Tips For Minecraft Remove Water

Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft
minecraft remove water

Section OFF Your Water

my first tip is of course sectioning off areas when you are approaching something and trying to drain it on a large scale so I’m not talking about a small in ground lake but something like a river like this or even larger you’re going to want to create sections inside of this body of water.

now how big you want these sections to be well it’s up to you what that would depend on is how much you are willing to place and also how much you want to struggle to drain your water I recommend placing walls three to five blocks apart.


Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft
minecraft remove water

if you place your walls like the things I’m making here farther than five blocks apart you will be struggling a lot to drain the water and if you place them closer than three blocks you’re probably going a little bit overkill so go about three to five blocks far I personally like to do four.

I find it is the nice middle ground between placing a lot of walls and struggling to drain the water of course so walls three to five blocks apart are tip number one.

minecraft remove water
minecraft remove water

Use Gravity Affected Blocks To Make Your Walls

Tip number two directly connects to the wall tip because it is all about what you are making these walls out of when you are sectioning off your body of water use gravity affected blocks to do this that means use blocks like gravel sand maybe even red sand.

minecraft remove water
minecraft remove water

if you have a lot of red sand near your base personally I always forget about red sand like completely am I alone here I completely forget us in the game now of course concrete will not work because as soon as concrete touches water it converts over to the hardened version of the block.

and that will always be the case no matter what so the concrete will not work no matter what you see right here we have a floating concrete block so you’re going to want to collect a lot of sand or a lot of gravel really it’s up to you.

whatever is most convenient I know if you’re on the council and maybe you have a smaller world the sand idea might not be as realistic.

so gravel will work too you’ll need to just go and cave a whole bunch to get this but you want to use these gravity effective blocks because it makes placing them a whole lot easier as you can see here I’m not going up and down in the water.


I’m just moving over and placing the blocks and letting them fall using blocks like these that are affected by gravity will also help when you are removing them because you can break the bottom one and put a torch and wait for all of these blocks to fall down you don’t have to go back in mind each and every block out again.

and trust me mining each and every single block would not be fun.

the first time I was draining an ocean for some reason I did part of it with dirt blocks and that was really annoying to go back and dig out completely so now you have your area all sectioned off and walled off and you’re ready to start draining this.

minecraft remove water
minecraft remove water

Use Your Sponge Effectively

next tip has with how you are going to use your sponge so here is my four-wide a little piece of water the easiest way and in my opinion the best way that i have found to use the sponge is like this-

minecraft remove water
minecraft remove water

you float up and you place a sponge below you so you fall on the sponge then you would mine up the sponge and so you have a wet sponge in your inventory then you’d move over and continue the process with a sponge on the other wall.

now typically when I’m doing this I try and go one block below where I’m standing right here I got two blocks below which is fine still and then I alternate between what wall i’m on so i go every other like side right i keep flipping sides each time.

I’m doing a sponge now this is totally up to you but I like to place the sponge below me because it makes it easier to mine up if I have the sponge down here and I was of course in survival mode I’d be bobbing up and down trying to break the sponge.

Also Read-

which is annoying of course and you will also be slowed down because you’re in the water however if you are on top of the sponge.

you will not get slowed down at all and it makes straining the water really not that bad this is something that I’ve actually just come up with well I was draining that monument that I was talking about in the beginning of the article.

I find that putting the sponge right underneath myself really increases the speed at which I am doing this I also do recommend digging the sponge up right away especially.

Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft
minecraft remove water

if you’re putting it right below you like I was talking about however it’s up to you if you’d rather just drain the whole thing and come back and pick up the sponge after do that too after you’ve been placing a lot of your sponge.

And draining out the water it is inevitable that you will run out eventually as long as you’re of course not in creative now this tip is all about drying out the sponge depending on where you are draining so right here I’m draining a river.

Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft
minecraft remove water

Use Dried Kelp To Dry Your Sponge

and this tip will apply to me a whole lot less but use Kelvin to dry out your sponge in case you didn’t know kelp blocks will smelt things in a furnace so you can use kelp.

that will probably be plentiful around you to smelt up more kelp and that eventually you’ll get an excess of dried kelp blocks.

Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft
minecraft remove water

Now each kelp block will smelt 20 items so that means you can use one kelp block to of course dry out 20 sponge right here I threw 60 kelp in the furnace and then three kelp locks and I will get six kelp blocks out of this and a little bit extra.

Now again, of course, this depends totally upon where you are draining right here I’m doing this River so I don’t have any kelp in the river however there is tons of kelp around in the ocean near me.

So I could very easily swim around pick up all of this kelp and bring it over and smelt up my sponge that way this is a whole lot better than wasting a lot of coal especially if you’re doing an ocean monument that’s going to be a whole lot of drying out of the sponge.


So don’t waste your time going and getting a bunch of coal or something like that when you can use the kelp that it’s all around you to your advantage also if you don’t harvest.

This kelp eventually it is all going to grow up to the top of your ocean and it will not look that cool at all like if you look around all of the kelp is the same height near me and that’s because I’ve been in the area for a while so if you want to preserve the kelp just don’t break the bottom one and you can use all of the other ones.

Minecraft Remove Water | Top 5 Best Tips to Get Rid of Water in Minecraft
minecraft remove water

Use Torches To Remove Single Water Sources

now finally my final trip of the day and for this tip, you need torches so you know when you’re draining a body of water and then you have one stubborn a block of water that is you know still in existence now of course you could go ahead and use a sponge to here under.

this block of water or you can use a torch place the torch down and then break the torch and your water source block is gone now this is only going to work if there is a singular block of water so right here I have one I can place it and there we go clear out a little bit extra water.

however right here I have you know a bunch of sources next to each other.

and this won’t work at all you could try and be fast about it but really it’s kind of wasting your time at that point the main idea is to not waste any sponge that you will then have to dry out on Cingular water sources so definitely get some torches and use them on these little instances.

where you have one sometimes maybe even two or three if you’re fast enough you can get rid of the bulk which is kinda nice it’s less sponge to dry out which totally makes your job easier so I mean why not right again however it will only work when you have one or two water sources not fou.

You will have to break out your sponge again and get rid of all that and then boom there we go there’s another one that I can get rid of I lied I have one more tip for you and that is a really quick one I’m sure you know this one already but right.

here is how I recommend you remove your walls once you are to that point dig out the bottom block I like to do with my hand because I can time it a whole lot better and place a torch down real quick and let the walls fall just like that nice and easy this is a super simple way to remove the walls and it costs pretty much absolutely.

nothing you won’t have to make a bunch of shovels or pickaxes or anything like that you just need a torch and a little bit of patience because of course breaking something by hand however you can use a shovel if you’d like and then switch over to the torch or have it in your offhand.

Something like that but I don’t like to do it like that because I find I fail at doing it that way more times than I succeed and so there we go my river is drained and those are my tips for draining bodies of water.

Post a Comment

0 Comments